PROPERTY MANAGEMENT SERVICES FOR LANDLORDS
Burgess & Co are licensed members of ARLA and extend a comprehensive lettings and property management service. This is headed up by Natasha Ray who is ARLA qualified in residential lettings and property management.
We proactively work to ARLA’s code of practice and are members of the Government-approved Property Ombudsman scheme and have client money protection.
You will find an approach that is personable, highly efficient and reliable, alongside track record and reputation for excellence in residential property market within Bexhill, Little Common and Cooden.
GUIDE TO OUR SERVICE
We extend three services for landlords:
- Free consultation service
- Comprehensive advice throughout
- Preparation of marketing materials in branch and online
- High profile online advertising
- Arranged and accompanied viewings
- Regular and detailed viewing feedback
- Tenancy renewal service (additional fee applies)
- Forward all offers made on a property
- Arrange for all relevant certificates, eg. Gas Safety, EPC
- Preparation of Tenancy Agreement
- Negotiate terms of the lease with Tenant (if required)
- Carry out full references
- Conduct a credit check
- Prepare a comprehensive inventory and schedule of condition
- Check-in service for the tenant and go through the inventory
- Inform the local council and utility companies
- Set up a standing order and invoicing
- Secure deposit with an approved scheme
- Rent guarantee service and legal expenses (optional, additional fee applies)
Let & Rental Processing
In addition to all aspects of the Introduction-only Service, this also includes:
- Processing rental payments for the landlord on an agreed basis
- Providing rental statements
- Contacting tenants if they fall into arrears
- Accounting to HMRC for non-UK resident landlords (if required)
- Serving of notices to end a tenancy
- Rental guarantee service and legal expenses (optional, additional fee applies)
- Production of a final Schedule of Condition & Dilapidations report
- Deposit negotiation with tenant on tenancy termination (if required)
Full Rental Management Service
This comprehensive package includes the following in addition to the services detailed above as part of our Introduction-only and Let & Rental Processing services:
- Organisation and management of repairs/cleaning and replacements
- Quarterly property inspections
- An ongoing arrangement of services and certificates
- Tenant check-out service at end of tenancyServing of notices (if required)
- Rental Guarantee Service and Legal Expenses (optional, additional fee applies)
Rental Guarantee Service
The Rental Guarantee Service and Legal Expenses insurance policy offers peace of mind for landlords. This ensures rental payments are still received in the event a tenant(s) default on their payments. Furthermore, a specialised legal team will regain possession of the property if the tenant does not vacate it after being served notice. This insurance covers rents on ASTs of up to £8,333/month plus legal expenses for the purposes of eviction of up to £50,000.
Further information on the Rental Guarantee Service can be obtained from our lettings team.
Fees for Landlords
The following sets out a guide to how we charge for our property management services:
We do not impose fees for:
- Preparation of the Tenancy Agreement
- Arranging any works/services to be carried out by contractors
- Deposit registration
- Additional property visits
- Ending the Tenancy Agreement on expiry of fixed term
- Checking the tenant in or out of the property
- Inventory unless the property is furnished
- Serving notices under the Housing Act
Please note, we do not charge an additional fee for an inventory or schedule of condition. However, if the property is furnished an additional fee will apply according to the size of the property.
We aim to avoid additional costs for Landlords where possible. We have therefore designed our services to include inventories and a full Schedule of Condition. However, if a property is furnished the report is more extensive and a fee is applicable as follows:
- Inventory for a 1 – 2 bedroom property: £96 inc VAT
- Inventory for a 3 – 4 bedroom property: £144 inc VAT
- Inventory for a 5+ bedroom property: £180 inc VAT
A one-off fee equal to 120% of one month’s rent inc VAT
Introduction and Rent Collection Service
A one-off fee equal to 120% of one month’s rent inc VAT, followed by an ongoing fee calculated at 6% inc VAT of the monthly rental
Full Property Management Service
A one-off fee equal to 120% of one month’s rent inc VAT, followed by an ongoing fee calculated at 14.4% inc VAT of the monthly rental.
If you have an existing tenant and require Burgess & Co to take over the rent processing or property management, the one-off fee for the service you choose is deducted.
To renew a tenancy at the end of a fixed-term tenancy, a fee of £60 inc VAT (landlord’s share) applies. This covers the administration required to prepare a new tenancy agreement and any negotiation involved.
Please note, Burgess & Co have Client Money Protection insurance.
To find out more about our lettings and property management services for landlords please contact our team at:
Burgess & Co Lettings & Property Management
27-29 Cooden Sea Road
Call: 01424 535555