Visitors to our website, www.burgessandco.co.uk should be aware that our website is monitored and may capture information about your visit which will help us improve the quality of our services, our website and our relationships with customers.
We respect your privacy and will not disclose any personal information or information about you, your business or your browsing history, to any organisation other than our own. We do not sell your personal data.
The following Privacy Statement outlines how the information is collected and how it is used by us. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns you may have at any time.
How we collect information:
- Directly from you when you email, call or write to us,
- Indirectly from you when you visit this site,
- When you respond to one of our emails, social media posts or other promotion.
What information do we collect?
When you contact us directly we can collect (depending on the information provided): your company, name, address, telephone and email details. In addition, we also may collect:
- Personal data that you provide by completing forms on the website, including if you sign up to receive property details, request any information, or enter into any competition or promotion;
- If you register or create account with us, your log-in and password details;
- Information contained in communications you send to us, for example if you report a problem or to submit queries, concerns or comments regarding the website or its content; and
- Data from surveys that we may, from time to time, run on the website for research purposes, if you choose to respond to, or participate in, them.
- Indirectly, we can record which pages on the site you visit, how you were directed to the website, and which emails or other promotions you responded to.
Why do we collect it?
- To improve our website by determining how it is being used,
- To understand and monitor interaction with our content,
- To measure traffic to our website and from which channels.
- To conduct our internal business and management processes, for example accounting or auditing purposes; and for any other purposes that you would reasonably expect.
- To provide you with information about other products we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
We operate an email newsletter program, used to inform subscribers about products and services supplied by this Website. Users can subscribe through an online automated process should they wish to do so but do so at their own discretion. Some subscriptions may be manually processed through prior written agreement with the user.
Where do we store personal data?
The personal data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, locations outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Where servers of our third party service providers are located in a country outside of the EEA, these countries may not have similar data protection laws to the UK.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by the websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
How do cookies work?
We use Google Analytics to monitor website performance. At no point will Google Analytics be used to track or collect personally identifiable information of visitors to the site. We may also collect information about your IP address which may be used to detect the organisation or ISP connecting to the site. If you are a returning visitor to our website, this information will be identified as will how you were directed to the website. For more information, please visit:
How can these cookies be disabled?
Information on deleting or controlling cookies is available at www.aboutcookies.org
Burgess & Co Estate Agents
3 Devonshire Square
Bexhill on Sea